Cool boots. Awesome hat. Great shades. You’re ready to get going, right?
Sure. But where’s your map?
Not the one wadded up in your jacket you can’t ever fold … the one that will take you where you are trying to go.
Past the competition. Past the bears (big boxes). All the way to the summit.
YOUR MAP SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A strategy (marketing plan) based on your goals and your audience
- The tools (tactics) that will get you there from here
You can do it. You can reach the summit. And we can help.
WHICH ROUTE FEELS RIGHT: SETTING GOALS
To put your plan together, think about your goals. What is it you want to do?
Right now. This month. Over the next six months. Over the long term.
CONSIDER SOME OF THESE GOALS:
- Let people know my store is here, and drive retail foot traffic
- Sell more appliances/furniture/mattresses through my website
- Have my website come up first in Google searches
- Be competitive with the big boxes in my area
- Be part of the conversation on Facebook and Twitter
- Increase my sales 5-7%
- Increase the number of people who find me when
- Let potential and current customers know I’m
having a sale
DEFINING YOUR AUDIENCE: WHO & WHY?
Obviously, you want to get as many people as possible to buy your merchandise. But it’s worth it to step back
and consider who is out there and who you most want to target.
- Walk-in customers within your geographical area?
- Online customers in your geographical area?
- Specific demographics and interests?
- Holiday sale shoppers?
- Comparison shoppers?
- Consumers looking for a particular brand or model?
NOW SELECT YOUR TACTICS: WHAT WILL GET YOU THERE?
You’ve been in business long enough to have a good understanding of traditional marketing tools like circulars, TV commercials and direct mail. And MEGA Marketing can help you with many of these.